Friday, September 4, 2009

Oh Nostalgia!

So riding the bus to downtown Silver Spring headed to work today I passed through the good ole White Oak. I saw some old faces that made me smile and laugh. Passing Springbrook I saw the 'typical' White Oak styles and personas that you are completely unaware only exsist in White Oak if you live there. Some good, like the way people greet each other warmly when they see each other no matter whether they haven't seen each other I'm two hours or two weeks. This is definetly a refreshing change from the Sandy Spring/ Olney way. There it's rather unusual to see friends greet each other with hugs if there is no special occasion. Other White Oak ways aren't so... well just say attractive. Like thinking it is okay to talk so excessively loud and do all these extra smacking noises with your gum, oh and don't forget the over zealous hand gestures. If that's to get attention girlie, can I just tell you that it's not cute and it looks like some sort of animal mating call. Despite this being gone for so long, I still some sort of my heart is still there. White Oak do you miss me too?

**Now be warned this is a generalization, this does not mean everyone acts like that. There are certainly anomalies in this problem set.**

No comments:

Post a Comment